Images | Biography | Artist Statement | Exhibitions and Press
Every artist believes that having an art language of their own is important.
After years of practice and creation, the unlimited possibility of art language is no longer a
new topic. To choose an artist's true need is vital, however this need comes from an art attitude.
This attitude determines the concept, the theme and the language used by the artist. It is only after
one has had some experiences and practiced the art that you will slowly understand the true meaning.
An outstanding artwork should have been touched by the artist's soul and emotions with a personal angle.
If you fall in love with the work, it will be accepted by the viewer as well.
Liu Yan Chops with Translation
1. Strives constantly for self-improvement, struggles diligently
3. My name
4. My chop marking - Swallow (My name meaning, when my mother gave birth to me she first
sees the bird. So she gave me the name.)
5. My name
1. There has the true feelings and ideal condition (Tao Yuanming's poetry)
2. Chaste heart in Wine pot (Li Bai's poetry)
3. He who has lofty ideals can be succesful
4. Writing brush looks like mysterious dragon. I translate that as not good, because it's chinese poetry.